Friday, November 13, 2009

Marty Turco



Marty Turco is basically my goaltending idol. He and I both go/went to the same school (University of Michigan) and won two National Championships there. This was actually a TTM (Through the Mail) and not a in person signing. I actually sent a card to get autographed via his house address, and in the letter asked that if I were to send a U of M jersey, if he'd be willing to sign it. He sent a post it note on the card that read "Jersey-You bet! Send it on in!" Needless to say, I was so stoked I went out and bought this jersey immediately. I went to the UPS store, got a nice little box to put it in, through in a thank you letter, the post it note, and the silver paint pen to go with it. I asked if he wants to personalize or throw anything extra on there that'd be awesome, and I leave it entirely up to him. I included the return label already paid for, so all he had to do was slap it back on the box, and UPS would either pick it up from his house for free or he could take it to the UPS store. After a few months of waiting (basically from December to the end of the season) I got it back. That made my month. Upper Left corner reads Go Blue, middle is his signature, and upper right is National Championship 96 98.

Just one of the best things I ever recieved in the mail. Just amazing. Marty is the man for doing something like that. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

1 comment:

kc said...

that is the coolest thing i have seen in long time. congrats